The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and
maintenance of various technologies managed by the Information Technology department. He
should ensure the efficient and reliable operation of the systems and maintain their availability and reliability.
- Administer operation systems through all IT infrastructure and platforms.
- Prepare reports and ensure optimal service availability
- Ensure efficient maintenance and ensure compliance to all disaster recovery plans.
- Provide latest access security to protect all infrastructure services.
- Monitor all communication for each customer to assess operations within timeframe.
- To assure highest level of systems availability and to maintain the data integrity, security and best systems performance.
- To plan and develop the backup strategies assuring the best data recovery time.
- To be responsible for the configuration, and maintenance of various technologies managed by the
- Information Technology department.
- He should ensure the efficient and reliable operation of the systems and maintain their availability and reliability.
- Maintain records of all service level agreements for customers.
- Check and ensure resolution of all issues to achieve all operations objectives without breaching the SLA.
- Enhance operations SLAs and assure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible of any upgrade patches across production systems and ensure quality and standard.
- Apply patch fixes for all bugs on all live systems whenever needed.
- Administer all infrastructure services and provide backup for recovering systems.
- Ensure SYSTEM availability of all systems and IT network application. Provide backup and redundancy to retrieve data in case of emergency.
- Restore a random services/databases on regular basis to ensure backup healthy state
- Have a solid backup process with documentation of the data type, location, size, date and time, RBO and RTO for auditing purposes.
- Enhance the Systems Performance to assure using the server resources in the most effective and efficient way.
- Enhance the database Security to support the data confidentiality and privacy.
- Plan and implement the systems upgrades and patches installation to assure of using the latest available technologies and avoiding the known bugs.
- Administer all network equipment, hardware (routers, switches, wireless access points, voice servers, gateways and IP phones) and software upgrades.
- Design and maintain all IT processes according operation policies through standardization of methods.
- Maintain and prepare all necessary documentation for various operation activities.
- Prepare and review all Service Level and Operation Metrics and KPI scores for all operations.
- Analyze all systems for proactive support and ensure efficiency.
- Act as a 3rd level of support with the NOC team
- Give full support to Implementation team on delivering new project in go life phase.
- Consulted in the acceptance phase (UAT) in new projects with the Implementation team.
- Feedback and involve Planning team for repeated faulty device for planning future actions.
- Feedback and involve Planning team for needed revamp design planes.
- Responsible to receive full handover documentation and low level design document from the Implementation team before accepting new projects to go production.
- Work in full cooperation with the IT Service Support team in any escalated issues End to End until complete resolution.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Strong knowledge in OS clusters.
Good knowledge in systems management software (such as Microsoft SMS).
Good knowledge of the backup policies.
A strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well independently.
Excellent communication skills and can demonstrate problem solving skills.
Good knowledge in UNIX/Linux OS/Windows
Highly motivated and competent with decision-making ability
Very good communication and documentation skills
Team work spirit
Fast learner and reader with the ability to understand diverse technologies.
Minimum 5 Years of systems experience.
Experience in Windows High Availability Solutions (NLB or Cluster)
Experience in MS Windows Active Directory.
Experience in MS Exchange System.
Experience in MS MOSS.
Experience in MS SQL.
Experience in MS SCCM, SCOM.
Experience in MS ISA.
Experience in MS Forefront.
Experience in MS RMS.
Experience in Black Berry.
Experience in Fax Application.
Experience in Symantec Archiving System.
Experience in Citrix.
Experience in VMware.
Experience in Antispam Solution.
Experience in Unix
MS Windows System latest release.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE).
Microsoft Certified IT Professional Infrastructure.
In-depth knowledge and experience with A.D GP, certification processes and networking.