Posting End Date:10/15/2023
Since its establishment in 1964, ELARABY has grown from a joint stock family enterprise to one of the largest industrial and commercial corporations in Egypt, the Middle East and Africa. ELARABY operates through 16 commercial, industrial, medical, and service companies, in four different governorates with 35 industrial facilities, and 2 hospitals. In 2020, ELARABY’s workforce exceeded 40,000 employees. ELARABY’s brand portfolio consists of 17 global brands with 25 product categories and more than 4,000 variations. With regards to the domestic and international markets, ELARABY’s figures continue to grow by exporting to over 60 countries across the globe. In the domestic market, one of ELARABY’s strongest assets is the vast distribution network, that consists of more than 3,000 sales partners and 30 branded stores; backed by more than 550 after-sales service centers. In a society consisting of more than 100 Million Egyptians who trusted ELARABY over the years, ELARABY gives back to the community through implementing and adopting various developmental projects, in education, healthcare, environmental well-being, and social solidarity.
- Responsible for installing, maintenance, Backup, and healthy check of all Databases Services , and make sure that service up 24/7.
- Database Design, creation, and modification to ensure the system is designed in best practice.
- Mange database backup & recovery procedures to ensure data is saved from loss.
- Restore and recover corrupted databases to ensure that it is not lost.
- Monitor host server performance for the database to keep it functioning.
- Ensure the security of the database by granting only the responsible for the database the authority to access it.
- Create test environment databases for developer for critical Databases to avoiding any downtime to production database when we make any modifications.
- Identify improvements to IT documentation, Database Schema, processes/procedures, and tickets, to make sure that every point in system is documented.
- Keep all tickets and projects updated and track time in a detailed format, to have metric can measure Performance on it
- Train 1st and 2nd Line Of support on new Databases and Technology, to ensure that knowledge shared and help them quickly solve end user Issues.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance.
- Forecast and perform capacity planning on Databases, to plan the needs for system and periodize it.
- Participate in the evaluation, development, implementation, integration, and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in IT and business executive discussions related to availability, agility, business value and process in an enterprise environment is required.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in improvement activities to meet organizational goals.
- Define, design, execute and monitor Solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or Information Systems
- 2-4 Years of experience in related field
- Excellent investigation skills.
- Excellent communications skills with a high customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Keen on self and employee development.
- Excellent written & spoken English and Arabic.
- Highly motivated with an ability to handle work pressure and to meet tight Deadlines.