ASSISTANT LEGAL MANAGER
Americana Restaurants is looking for “Assistant Legal Manager”
• Anticipates issues (“sees around the corner”), estimates risk strategically and identifies pro-active, risk-weighted solutions.
• Review, draft, negotiate documents, including NDAs, third-party letter agreements, internal memorandums, POAs, settlement and release agreements, waivers, supplier and service agreements, Offshore IT contracts, (including contracts for direct and in-direct procurement), resolutions, loan documents, real estate agreements, LOEs, RFPs, RFQs etc.
• Commercial and real estate due diligence
• Research legal issues in response to internal needs and presents in timely, digestible, solution-oriented format.
• Brands/Franchisors understand obligations to, and relationship/commercial leverage with, major business partners (i.e., franchisors), and enable business initiatives whilst staying in contractual compliance.
• Compliance: Support on governance and legal compliance policies, including general risk/litigation mitigation strategy, IT/data privacy, routine legal processes, contractual relationships and obligations, employment, governmental licensing/compliance, marketing, etc. Drives government approvals to protect Americana business continuity & sustainability.
• Contract Management: implements and maintains contract management software, including on-going contract compliance.
• IP: manages IP/trademark issues, including registrations and renewals, trademark infringements, and disputes.
• Supports business decisions with legal information, proactively seeks ways to bring value to business.
• Ensures consistent support for RLT and other stakeholders in contracts approval processes.
• Internal/External Attorney Management: manages external legal counsel’s strategy, facilitates their work, and manages costs; supervises legal work of internal attorneys.
• Ensures Americana expectations as regards of tools, resources, systems are rightfully communicated, cascaded for the buy in and adhered to by the team.
• MIS preparation and updating legal repositories for commercial and litigation vertical.
• To keep abreast with changing local laws from time to time.
• LLB, or LLM, or J.D. or any equivalent degree in field of Law
• MBA is an asset
• Solid knowledge of corporate and commercial laws
• Knowledge of franchise agreements will be a plus.
• Solid knowledge of commercial viewpoint and organizational/operational structures
• Usage of Contract Management Software as well as Litigation Software
• Fully Bilingual Arabic and English.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills