About the jobMAKE HISTORY WITH US!
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
We are looking for a Manager, Security & Market Safety based in Cairo. A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 to 8 years in a corporate, operational security environment or related field, preferably in a country security/safety manager role or equivalent. Hands-on experience dealing with national and international security issues, as well as knowledge of specialist security systems and market safety tools. Working knowledge of OHS / NEBOSH best practices is beneficial.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
You will manage Security & Market Safety organization and oversee all related activities within an affiliate and act as the key contact and counselor to Affiliate Security & Market Safety teams/designates and Affiliate (commercial, manufacturing, and other business units) management for Security & Market Safety issues.
Plan, implement, drive and follow-up security & market/fleet safety programs' requirements in order to address and mitigate all security and safety risks to people and reputation. Ensure the local security team members have the right skills and have received sufficient training to perform their job. Develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports through regular coaching and mentoring, to raise the necessary skills and knowledge in the affiliate security organization.
Minimize/prevent fleet related crashes, injuries, fatalities and security losses and property damage. Ensure that all risks mitigation plans, and emergency response procedures are implemented, trained and kept up-dated in order to avoid business disruption, and to be in compliance with relevant local legislations, PMI Principles & Practices, standards, procedures and guidelines.
More specifically you will
- Lead the local Security & Market Safety organization in accordance with Corporate strategy and Company commitments. Manage the local Security & Market Safety organization; cascade Corporate objectives, set personal objectives. Perform Mid-year and Annual Performance Review. Ensure the local Security & Market Safety organization has the right skills, and has received sufficient training to perform their job. Develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports through regular coaching and mentoring, to raise the necessary skills and knowledge in the affiliate Security & Market Safety organization.
- Evaluate emerging business and operational models for potential Security & Market Safety risk exposure and gaps; highlight risks/exposures with affiliate management, the Senior Manager, Security & Market Safety, and other Security & Market Safety stakeholders. Identify and solve Security & Market Safety issues within the affiliate. Maintain situational awareness of the country, including external and internal risk exposure and road accident trends, to inform business decision-making processes. Maintain regular liaison with affiliate (commercial & manufacturing) management, other stakeholders, and functional peers to align Security & Market Safety strategies and service levels with affiliate strategy and objectives. Engage with all employees up to senior leadership team to create ownership for fleet safety programs; engage with Sales department, working tool and benefit cars drivers in program development, to ensure that the fleet safety standards are understood and adhered to.
- Perform/conduct functional security and market/fleet safety risk assessments and reviews at the affiliate level; identify and address risks and non-conformities. Respond to and report Security & Market Safety incidents as per Program requirements. Conduct root cause analyses and security- or safety-related investigations, and implement/validate corrective action measures. Oversee implementation of PMI market and fleet safety strategies and best practices in assigned markets. Implement a local fleet safety program based on Company's Fleet Safety standard and continuously seek for improvements in order to protect people from injury and fleet damages. Perform/conduct yearly health checks to ensure that local business is fully compliant with PMI Security & Market Safety and local safety regulatory requirements. Develop, implement, trained and keep updated protective measures, contingency plans and emergency response procedures.
- Plan, organize and deliver security, market safety and fleet safety training programs as per PMI and local regulatory requirements to all local staff, to build a robust and sustainable Security & Market Safety culture within the market/affiliate. Provide expert support to local management on tactical and practical emergency response management. Ensure relevant communication is established with employees at regular functional meetings, including security/safety briefs, alerts, instructions, and refreshers. Introduce and keep up-to-date training records as per PMI requirements and applicable OHS and Fleet Safety legislation. Organize and deliver bespoke training (defensive driving, etc.) to ensure that Company's drivers are equipped with the necessary skills and competencies.
- Perform annual "Zero Based Budget” and provide inputs to OB central revisions. Ensure effective budget management by implementing proper planning, analysis, and monitoring spending on regular basis. Encourage the team to generate productivity and cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of Security & Market Safety-related incident and events reporting requirements. Review/consolidate related metrics and KPI, to provide focused and detailed reports; monitor atmospherics and escalate trends and critical issues to appropriate levels of management. Recruit, develop, motivate and manage the team/department performance, and ensure that team members have the competencies, capabilities and tools to consistently deliver on individual, team and strategic objectives.
- Develop, implement, and manage test emergency response protocols in order to protect people, business, assets and reputation from natural and man-made disasters. Review and keep up-to-date protocols on a set basis. Manage security & market/fleet safety incident investigation, analysis, reporting and retain incident records to identify patterns, causes and provide guidance/ recommendations to prevent incident reoccurrence. Ability to mobilize as a part of a security/safety response team to incidents / events
- Provide guidance and requirements to the vehicle selection process, by implementing fleet safety minimum requirements, to ensure that the correct standard of vehicles is procured in line with PMI Fleet Safety requirements.
- Select, appoint, manage, and oversee local third-party service providers in conjunction with procurement and Senior or Cluster Security & Market Safety Manager. Ensure third party service provider's performance consistently meet all PMI requirements and standards, by developing a comprehensive KPI measurement and monitoring system, regular performance review, and effective reward/penalty mechanism, while at the same time maintaining effective coordination and service delivery.
- Language Full professional proficiency in English; Arabic language skills is a must.
- PC Skills MS Office Package, Power BI is a plus.
- Skills Experience conducting security risk assessments and security or safety audits, familiarity with supply chain security standards (i.e. TAPA, C-TPAT), OHS training or certifications (such as NIOSH or equivalent) a plus; understanding of crisis management and emergency response best practice, knowledge of fleet safety best practices a significant advantage, strong verbal and written communication skills, high level of personal and professional integrity; leads by example, ability to deal with ambiguity in a complex organizational set-up, able to build strong business relationships and smart partnerships, establish strong networks, ability to analysis data and interpret, administer budget planning & forecasts, administer risk, threat and intelligence programs.
- Internal Relationships Central Function Leadership, Regional/Cluster Management, Managing Directors, Sales Directors, Manufacturing Directors Markets/Affiliates Management; Market Security/Safety Managers/Leads.
- External Relationships External security professionals and industry groups, government and security agencies, service/solutions providers, security or safety consultancies, certification agencies.
- Travel Up to 30% travel throughout the region; occasional trips outside the region.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our organization offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take the concept of on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services, and processes, together with a competitive salary and compensation package, you will have the opportunity to interact with some of the best minds in the business, learn from them and add value.