Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food
• Order food and kitchen supplies based on best price and budget
• Check orders received for quantity and quality of product
• Create new recipes to please customers
• Hire and supervise kitchen staff
• Create menus
• Estimate labor and food costs and modify menus to stay within budget
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products
• Approving and polishing dishes before they reached the customer.
• Ensure that sanitation standards are maintained
• Assist with staff development and training
• Meet with other managers in the organization
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Promote their establishments by practicing good public relations
• Strict control over food and beverage costs to meet monthly budgets.
• Pre-opening staff training in regards to cooking, food preparation techniques.
• Strict hygiene training for pre-opening on continual monthly training.
• Pre-opening kitchen design and flow.
• Staff hiring and appraisals
• Set up and maintain functional kitchen for fast food industry.
2-Measure of Success – Illustrative KPIs:
Other Context (if applicable):
• A keen sense of taste and smell
• Excellent hand-eye co-ordination
• Good arithmetic skills
• A good memory for details
• Artistic and creative talent
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team-building skills
• The ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances
• Excellent organizational, leadership and supervisory skills
• Enjoy working in a team environment
• Enjoy planning and organizing menus and methods of food preparation
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
Skillset (job specific technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
• A proven track record of creating similar, successful businesses – must be able to clearly example past results;
• Hands-on technical knowledge in kitchen designs and pre-opening staff training.
• A demonstrable commitment to delivering first quality customer service;
• Personable with excellent people skills
• Fluent in English, a second language an advantage
• 5 – 10 experience in a similar position.
• Degree in Culinary Arts or comparable level of professional experience and training;