Within the world of Telco, technology is a key enabler. A consistent part of Vodafone success is based on the implementation and delivery of advanced and innovative services to its internal and external customers. We are developing global Automation Solutions to increase the programmability of our Transport and Transmission networks and have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our new team.
• Develop software for network technologies and interfaces of SDN controllers.
• Develop the testing procedures for SDN controllers integrated on the full SDN stack architecture and with the network Lab Environment.
• Define architecture and protocols for integrating the SDN controllers in the full Transport SDN solution
• Design, develop, test and document use cases in a multi-vendor environment
• Support analysis, testing and Implementation of new technology both on Vodafone Markets and Group Functions managed Networks.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Application design in line with industry best practices
• Full stack software development using modern technologies
• Contribute to the definition of product roadmap /backlog
• Support technology leads to define framework / technologies / languages to be usedcase in the SDN stack.
• Contribute to the overall Automation Use Cases definition and roadmap.
• Continuous improvement of development processes
Must have technical / professional qualifications, knowledge and experience in network technologies:
• Experience in Network Technologies with knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN).
• Knowledge of SDN protocols, Rest, Restconf, NetConf and YANG data models.
• API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks (TDD or automated testing), such as pytest or unittest.
• Experience as a SW developer and microservices development with Python and Flask/Django.
• Sw engineering best practices, such as in-line documentation, linting, structured code, and Object-Oriented Programming.
• Experience of working with an agile methodology.
• . IP certification (like CCNA or equivalent).