Tech Lead ( Java )
About the job
The Bank’s digital transformation office constitutes the first integrated system to offer innovative digital solutions to the banking sector; being the most customer-centric organization in Egypt and “the bank of choice”. The Bank’s plan seeks to develop its branches by adding advanced digital services, while ensuring that the themes adopted by the digital transformation office include innovative digital solutions, a better customer experience and building the necessary capabilities to assert sustainable development. It is where world-class talent builds state-of-the-art digital products.
Job Description: -
The Java TL owns API and integrations capabilities/teams. The TL values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve an Agile design. The TL works closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs. The TL will drive the teams engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. The TL is a hands-on team member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems.
Core Responsibilities: -
▪Prepare low-level designs for team members, in collaboration with Solution/Software Architect
▪Guides project teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment
▪Accountable for the technical design of the product
▪Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop his solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand Identifies and removes technical impediments
▪Works with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
▪Thought partners with the Product owner in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers
▪Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
▪Provides the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
▪Shares responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components
▪Reporting to Engineering Lead, aligning team members performance and technical problem solving.
· 8+ YoE seen as expert in developing backend integration and REST API using Spring framework, micro-service and developing native-cloud
· Can assist and support in making architecture decisions at a team and product level
· Seasoned software developer Java, Kotlin, Spring-boot, Spring-cloud, JUnit, NoSQL DB, In-memory cache, API Gateway, Design-Patterns, Logging, Spring-Security, Maven, and Gradle
· with deep insight into newest technologies such as Python.
· Hands-on experience in microservice containers deployment Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, CCP or Tanzu
· Nice to have experience in CI/CD Pipelines: Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or CircleC
· Nice to have experience in event-driven-architecture and/or event-sourcing, and/or any relative platform i.e. Kafka