Job Purpose To deliver exceptional retail business performance through excellent customer servicing, service cash, query resolution, operational standards, lead generation and transactional processing in a branch. Manages large volume transactions for premier customers and large corporate transactions. Possesses a wider Knowledge / longer experience to be able to take the role of the Operation Manager / Team Leader successor.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split Business Management 45% - Undertake end to end cash and operation duties as well as managing timely cash evacuation and balancing of till, ensuring excellent customer service at the counter.
- Participate fully to ensure that branch operations manual and procedures are met in the branch.
- Reducing overall branch transactions via Channels migration (ADM, BIR, IVR, …) - Decrease Cash deposits / withdrawals over the counter – Measured by the ATM and Cards Department Monthly Report.
- Fully aware with the Retail & OPS manual - Identify when & where to refer customers to an appropriate area of delivery for specialist sales help or advice.
- Own and manage customer queries by taking ownership and responding in a timely manner.
- Deliver world class customer service practices and ensure adherence to Barclays Service standards.
- Ensure that branch operations duties are carried out on a timely basis ensuring the provision of world class customer service.
- Participate fully and ensure that all operations & back office duties are met in the branch - Provide the personal bankers with business referrals.
- Acting according to Barclays values and behaviors in all daily activities.
- Handle transactions of large amounts according to his higher authorization limits and longer experience.
- Participate with the operation manager / operation team leader in daily end of day activities due to being his successor.
Control & Accuracy 20% - Controls and checks related to the cash & operation transactions.
- Ensure daily balancing of Tills.
- Ensure adherence to teller limit during counter hours. - Rigour 20% - Achieve operational rigor excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes undertaken to ensure a satisfactory audit.
- Acts as the Main custodian for the Vault keys .
- Ensure compliance with operational risk & rigor requirements e. g. Health & Safety standards, security of premises etc.
- Comply with all relevant Legalization e. g. KYC, banking code, service standards, fraud prevention and money laundering procedures.
Team Working 10% - Working with all branch team to deliver exceptional business performance - Share knowledge experience and best practice with other team members - Provide cover for other Customer service staff when required.
- Being experienced teller he helps in coaching new hired tellers.
- Due to his longer experience he helps in daily / monthly required tasks, MIs and reports.
- Work as successor for his line manager.
Self 5% - Agree performance development objectives with the Team Leader / Operations Managers.
- Pursue self development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development in order to be able to handle higher role.
- Pursue capabilities / knowledge development to be able to replace his line manager when needed.
Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Technical skills / Competencies Competencies - Well organized - Good communication skills - Team working - PC skills - Good numerical and analytical skills - Attention to detail - Customer focused - Thoroughness.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Team work capabilities.
- Coaching skills.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience Being able to think on one's own feet University graduate Primary Location EG-ALX-Alexandria Job Type Permanent/Regular Posting Range 28 Sep 2017