Role Purpose To lead, coach, develop and monitor underwriting team ; Main player in planning & Forecasting process ; develop the relations with clients, brokers & cedants to serve the company & Management strategies, help CM in exploring the market in person and through his team; handling the brokers affaires, responsible of managing the policies approval with the regulator as well as managing the technical inspection with the regulator; preparing the regular reports for multiple parties (CM, BOD, Regulator,. . etc), Reviewing the reinsurance treaties to ensure that treaties doesn’t affect the company’s statutory position from regulator perspective.
Key Responsibilities 1. Analyse and assess technical aspects including exposures, coverages and terms including pricing and capacity deployed for new offers and renewal submissions.
2. Prepare quotations, structures programs, and offer proposals in accordance with guidelines, underwriting strategies and local underwriting authorities.
3. Issue insurance policies, endorsements, and certificates.
4. Use Company's tools and systems for the development of terms and conditions.
5. Enter and maintain risk information into the various information systems and administer the accounts.
6. Target new accounts by identifying prospective client's needs, and developing innovative solutions to satisfy their requirements.
7. Represent the Company in discussion and negotiations with clients and brokers.
8. Establish and maintain specific industry sector know-how.
9. Contribute to project work and accept special assignments.
10. Coaching of less experienced underwriters 11. Develop local underwriting strategies in line with Company's strategic objectives and prevailing market condition along with key tactics to achieve goals set.
12. Monitor underwriting performance in terms of profitability, growth and diversification / portfolio balance.
13. Develop Underwriting skills for the UW team to eventually develop successors / and raise the team’s profile.
14. Decision making re deploying capacity using local Authority in different lines of business.
15. -Represent Company in meetings with clients, brokers, and other Company entities.
-Business Development - Establishing and maintaining business relationships with direct and reinsurance brokers, ceding companies and direct clients to be able to meet and possibly exceed both Top Line and Bottom Line target figures.
16. Engage concerned parties (UW, Claims, Business Development, Legal. . etc) to introduce New Products to the market.
17. Regular contact with brokers and clients which require competent technical know-how, negotiation- and language skills, initiation and service orientation 18Looking after regulator relationship including reporting, audit visits policy wordings approvals…etc.
19Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to BOD including 5 years Plan, annual Forecasts, variance analysis reports, performance appraisal report for brokers, ceding companies or direct clients…etc.