Would you like to work with children in clinic and school environments without the hassle of finding your own clients and managing the business processes?
Do you value ongoing professional learning and working alongside a multi-disciplinary team to support children with learning difficulties?
Are you looking for flexible working arrangements that will support your family commitments?
Learning Links will provide you with outstanding professional support and development, in an environment committed to making a difference in children’s education.
About the role
We currently have a position available moving between our Peakhurst and Maroubra site and surrounding schools on weekdays and Saturdays at Alexandria. The role will involve 35 hrs per week and is due to commence 21st January 2019. New graduates are welcome to apply.
The Speech Pathologist will utilise their knowledge of speech and language assessment tools, intervention, evidence-based practice methodology and service coordination to provide a high-quality speech therapy program to children and their families.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Actively participate in regular supervision and professional development to support delivery of quality services;
- Conduct a variety of speech and language assessments and planning for evidence-based interventions;
- Collaborate with and support school communities through demonstrations, consultation and professional learning;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of Psychologists, Educators and Occupational Therapists;
- Provide great customer service and build positive customer relationships through effective communication; and
- Strive to achieve individual and team KPIs to support Learning Links’ strategy for growth.
What we offer
- Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist with SPA (Speech Pathology Australia).
- Current NSW Working with Children Check approval.
- Current knowledge of the issues facing children and young people with learning difficulties and an understanding of how these can be supported by appropriate speech therapy interventions.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences.
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Learning Links employees receive tax effective salary packaging opportunities, which means you can increase the value of your take-home pay.
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
How to apply for this role:
- Working in a dynamic and growth orientated not for profit environment;
- Life/ work Balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Employee Assistance Program.
Please send your application to Apply to send email to the employer
- Cover Letter responding to the selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees
Working with Children and Police Background Check apply to this position.